The impact of COVID-19 is being felt in every corner of the world, with Commonwealth Heads of Government from the 54 nations facing unprecedented challenges.
As such, the values and aspirations of the Commonwealth remain as important as ever.
Member countries have committed to work together to promote prosperity, democracy and peace, amplify the voice of small states, and protect the environment.
The postponement of the 26th Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in June 2020 due to the ongoing pandemic was unfortunate but understandable.
However, this Interim Report, echoes the intention of the Meeting: “to explore how Commonwealth nations can pool resources and innovations to transform joint challenges into exciting opportunities”.
Featuring perspectives from:
- Dr Akinwumi A Adesina, President, African Development Bank Group
- Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, Under-Secretary-General of the UN and Executive Secretary UN ESCAP
- Roberto Azevêdo, Director-General, World Trade Organization
- Audrey Azoulay, Director-General, UNESCO
- Dr Qu Dongyu, Director-General, UN FAO
- H.E. Danny Faure, President of Seychelles
- Professor David J Francis, Chief Minister of Sierra Leone
- Julia Gillard, former Prime Minister of Australia
- Sheikh Hasina, Prime Minister of Bangladesh
- Asha Kanwar, President and CEO, Commonwealth of Learning
- Chileshe Mpundu Kapwepwe, Secretary General, COMESA
- Ban Ki-moon, 8th Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Executive Director, UN Women
- Amina J. Mohammed, Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Ambassador Albert M. Muchanga, African Union Commissioner for Trade and Industry
- H.E. Gotabaya Rajapaksa, President of The Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
- Dr Keith Rowley, Prime Minister of Trinidad & Tobago
- Guy Ryder, Director-General, International Labour Organization
- Dr William Warren Smith, President, Caribbean Development Bank
- Malala Yousafzai, Nobel Peace Prize Winner and UN Messenger of Peace
- Houlin Zhao, Secretary-General, International Telecommunication Union
COMPLETE THE FORM TO DOWNLOAD THE PUBLICATION FOR FREE