Our partners at Commonwealth of Learning are currently recruiting for a Communications Manager to play a key role in communicating clear and targeted messages about the organisation’s work to its diverse stakeholders.
The job holder is expected to develop and implement a robust communications strategy to raise the profile of the organisation and to promote effective stakeholder engagement across the Commonwealth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a robust communications strategy and action plan (both internal and external) that highlights COL’s work utilising both conventional and emerging information and communication technologies and tools.
- Write and edit a broad variety of materials such as news releases, blogs and feature articles to advance communication goals.
- Produce and disseminate high-quality open access materials, including brochures, videos, and mass e-mails within established time schedules; maintain and update all content on COL’s website; manage social media sites for COL and respond to inquiries.
- Support COL’s work in developing relationships with key stakeholders and gather information to effectively manage these relationships.
- Assist in maintaining media relations around the Commonwealth, including arranging interviews and preparing press releases.
- Publish COL’s regular publications such as Connections on an agreed schedule.
- Supervise direct report(s) including developing work plans, conducting performance reviews and identifying appropriate training and development opportunities.
- Track, measure and evaluate the effectiveness of all communications activities to drive priorities and elevate COL’s brand.
- Maintain and foster relationships with key media contacts locally and internationally.
- Work in collaboration with other teams to provide communications support for the programme.
- Undertake other related tasks as directed by the President & CEO